Fortnite’s Giant Monster And Robot Finally Fought, ‘Fortnite’ Just Had An Epic Monster Versus Mecha Fight In Its Biggest Event To Date. Fortnite players who happened to boot up the game this afternoon were treated to a cataclysmic showdown between a giant robot and a terrifyingly large monster.
In the only available mode, The Final Showdown, players saw Cattus appear from the water and Doggus pull free of his perch in Pressure Plant. Cattus attacked the vault, which was the site of last season’s big event.
Right at the 2 p.m. ET start time, out of the water came the monster with its Godzilla-like scream. It began shooting lasers from its mouth as it destroyed everything in its path. At the same time, the giant robot was activated.
But the monster recovered, ripped the mecha’s arm off, and it was forced to craw to Loot Lake where it pulled some sort of power source out of the device at the lake and fended off the monster.
Every season of Fortnite has a story that plays out over the course of 12 weeks and ends with a closing event. The event changes the island and gives some new life to the game in time for the start of the next season.
How to link your account with Fortnite Giant Monster
- Sign in to YouTube in a desktop browser.
- Go to Accounts and select Settings.
- Under the “Connected accounts” section, select your Epic Games account.
- If you do not already have an Epic games account, create one then start at Step 2.
- Click or tap Connect
- Sign into your Epic Games account.
The schedule for matches that will feature drops includes
- 7/25 – Game Jam Hollywood premiere.
- 7/26 – Fortnite World Cup Finals Day 1 live broadcast.
- 7/27 – Fortnite World Cup Finals Day 2 live broadcast.
- 7/28 – Fortnite World Cup Finals Day 3 live broadcast.
As in previous seasons, Fortnite season 9 has a season-long set of tasks called Utopia Challenges, for Battle Pass owners. Tackling these special challenges requires the completion of all the weekly challenges throughout the season.
— Ninja (@Ninja) July 20, 2019
Access to Custom Matchmaking has been disabled.
— Fortnite (@FortniteGame) July 20, 2019